Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My LLC

Okay, I lied. I'm not going to cover ebooks. I recieved my Certificate of Organization from my Secretary of State today.

I'm so glad I didn't spend the $$$$ to have someone do these filings for me. The form was right on ths Sec. of State website. I filled it out by easily following the questions.

One thing that did stump me was the signature line where a "title" of the signatories was required. Through some searching I found that "member" is good enough, but other titles might be Executive Officer, Presiding Member, etc.

Anyway, my Cert. came today and I'm thrilled. Now I just need an EIN from the feds and a state tax number. I'm on my way. I need these numbers to establish relationships with legitimate suppliers.

Disclaimer: Note that I'm not a lawyer, and I am not giving legal advice.

(c) 2007

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog the other day.

I've been selling on eBay every now and then for the past 8 years and went to eBay Live for the first time in Boston last June. eBay Live is going to be in Chicago this June so I'm sure I'll be going again. If you didn't know, it's a great resource for new sellers.

Your blog has been really interesting so far. I can't wait to read more about your hunt for eBay success. Good luck!